Change Fraps Registration Name

Discussion in 'FRAPS General Discussion, Guides, and Tutorials' started by UltraGizmo64, Jun 5, 2016.

1. I bought FRAPS recently using PayPal, and my PayPal account uses a name that I do not want to be registered with the software - I have contacted FRAPS Support yesterday but have received no answer yet.

I was wondering if anyone here could help with this issue.

2. Thalmor Wizard

Thalmor Wizard Moderator Staff Member Site Contributor

https://encodingtalk.com/threads/readme-common-support-issues-requesting-support.3023/
    There is nothing anyone here can do to help with your problem. You simply need to wait until beepa support respond to your ticket.

3. OK, thanks.
    Is their support still active?
    If they are, then they should hopefully reply next week, as created the ticket on Saturday (the weekend).

I ask if they are still active because the last time they update FRAPS was 2013, do you know what happened to Beepa?

4. Thalmor Wizard

Their support system is still active, but they do take a long time to respond. I don't really know much about Fraps/beepa these days, given that I no longer use the program (I just record with Shadowplay or other recording tools).

If you need a quicker response or would prefer to ask him on another support channel, you can always try sending a tweet to Chris van Graas on twitter (his handle is @chrisvangraas), since it's usually him who responds to tickets submitted via the form on beepa's site anyway. You might be able to DM him for support, but that's about it.

deardevildude19 likes this.
  5. OK, thanks for the help.
    I'll report back with an update soon.

6. I was able to get in touch with BEEPA, and they helped me to solve my issue.

They also said that they were working on FRAPS 3.6.0 which includes full support for Windows 8 and Windows 10.

7. Thalmor Wizard

They've been saying that for years now, and it hasn't materialised. People use other tools now, Fraps 3.6 being released will probably go unnoticed. :p

8. That does make sense, as I had wondered why I had no heard of any new releases from them for quite a while.