Not open for further replies.

ETAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Fraps 3.5.0 - 26th April 2012

• Support for large AVI movie files (above 4 Gigabytes) on NTFS drives
  • Added option to split AVIs at 4 Gigabytes for legacy AVI 1.0 support
  • Fixed loop recording using large amounts of disk space for short clips
  • Fixed benchmark logs not being saved if game was quit before benchmark ended
  • Fixed View folder not opening window on some machines
New Requirements
  • NEW MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: CPU with SSE2 required (Pentium 4 & above)
  • Windows 2000 is no longer supported (Windows XP & above)

Ok, so someone beat me to this post :p Regardless of that, this is an outstanding update. The larger than 4gb file feature is going to make a bunch of folks happy.

raffriff

Staff member
Site Contributor
Fraps goes back to the days of 320x240 capture, so requirements were a little different back then...
Probably the significant change is the "SSE2" requirement, which means that advanced machine-code video processing commands were compiled into the program - breaking compatibility with older processors.

Thalmor Wizard

Staff member
Site Contributor
Fraps goes back to the days of 320x240 capture, so requirements were a little different back then...
Probably the significant change is the "SSE2" requirement, which means that advanced machine-code video processing commands were compiled into the program - breaking compatibility with older processors.
I highly doubt someone would try to record games using an Intel Celeron processor, the crappiest processor that exists XD

FRAPS_Player

Maybe a Pentium III? I can't imagine anyone trying to fraps on that, but it's possible.
Ha, I think I tried recording that on me ol' computer running a P3 at 500MHz....you don't want to know the outcome...

I highly doubt someone would try to record games using an Intel Celeron processor, the crappiest processor that exists XD
I've done that. On my 1Ghz one. Works fine actually - I have to admit that.

Status
Not open for further replies.