How to record a video with my webcam ?

Discussion in 'FRAPS Help Requests' started by naruto-hokager, May 30, 2012.

1. naruto-hokager

naruto-hokager Well-Known Member

Hi Fraps :)
    I come to bother you again :p

I wanted to know how to record myself with my webcam and then put it on my video on a small corner, I saw Pewdie record with Windows Live Movie Maker, but on mine I can not see where is this option :(
    Maybe because I doesn't have the latest version of Windows live movie maker... But I can not update it because otherwise I'll install the latest version of Windows Live Messenger, and I want to stay on the 2009 version :confused:

It there's probably other software to record with the webcam but I just ask you to have the best software :D
    And if you have a idea to improve the quality of the webcam... I'm interested :rolleyes:

Thank very much !

2. Thalmor Wizard

Thalmor Wizard Moderator Staff Member Site Contributor

Curious, but why don't you want to use the latest MSN ? You'll be forced to use it anyway. When you get used to it, it's actually fine. If you seriously don't like the new MSN, use some other IM tool like Pidgin or eBuddy.

For you to be able to record from a webcam in Movie Maker, you will need to upgrade.

3. naruto-hokager

Well I do not like the new design of messenger and more pubs there are over... I know friends who have also changed for 2009

There is no other software then movie maker to record myself with the webcam ? :(

4. Thalmor Wizard

Nope. Not as far as I know.

If you don't like the new MSN, stop using the Windows Live Messenger program and use MSN on another app like eBuddy and just remove WLM from the computer, while keeping WLMM.

5. naruto-hokager

I just tried a method for WLMM without updating MSN
    This is copy the folder Messenger and paste in a another folder, then install the latest version of WLMM and use the 2009 version we just copy / paste
    And I just tried to copy the folder and paste Messenger and I try to connect and it work :eek:

You think i can Update WLMM now ?

6. naruto-hokager

I installed the update WLMM and I can no longer use the 2009 version... :confused:
    And I try to use WLMM with the webcam and at start, when I chose to record with my webcam, after a few seconds the picture freezes... And at this moment when I click "record" her said, Windows Movie Maker can not save the recorded video... :(

And when the image does not freeze, I notice that the frame rate is too slow... And I find software that suits me: Super Webcam Recorder, you can adjust the frame rate above :)

Only one problem: With the free version I can not record more than two minutes... :(

7. ciarlo2006

ciarlo2006 Site Contributor Well-Known Member

I know this is not Fraps related, but if I understand you correctly, you mean to record a video of your webcam and then use the video and your webcam again?

If so, then you can use manycam.

If I'm wrong then please explain in more detail :)

raffriff likes this.
  8. naruto-hokager

With a video I'll explain better :p
    I want to do the same to him
    To capture myself with the webcam and put the webcam in a corner of the screen

9. ciarlo2006

Oh. You can do this in just about any video editing software. Sony Vegas for example. It's called PIP, or picture in picture. Lot's of tutorials on google and youtube. :D

10. naruto-hokager

Really ? :eek: Shukaku said he dont know other softwares than WLMM... Maybe because I badly explained in my first post :confused:

Anyway, can you give me a link to a tutorial please ? :oops: I already look but I did not find :confused:

EDIT: A Software with options to adjust the frame rate of the camera too if possible... By default, in the software of my camera, the frame rate is too low

11. ciarlo2006

12. Thalmor Wizard

This is straying outside of Fraps support I think.

13. naruto-hokager

Okay thank ;)