Record Desktop and Games?

Discussion in 'FRAPS Help Requests' started by Fr4nc15, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I know fraps is capable of recording the desktop and games independently but can does anybody know how to switch between the two in the same recording like if I were to start recording the desktop and then start up the game, how would I make fraps record the game as well without stopping the recording?
  2. raffriff

raffriff Moderator Staff Member Site Contributor

1. Have you tried it? This should work fine. In my experience, Fraps keeps recording. Fraps will start a new capture file when you switch between desktop & game, or when screen resolution changes, but these can be edited together again.
    2. Are you trying to make something like Jynks's tutorials? He records the desktop with something like Camtasia (free alternative: Camstudio) and simultaneously uses Fraps to record the game. This really taxes the computer BTW.
  3. I've tried it but when I start up the game it just takes video of the desktop but I can still hear the game.

Edit: This just hit me, if you put the game in windowed mode fraps acts like you're looking at something like an internet browser and records. Answered my own question but thanks for the help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.