Seeking gamepad input display widget for tutorial videos

Discussion in 'FRAPS General Discussion, Guides, and Tutorials' started by Bahger, Sep 18, 2014.

1. No problem, thanks for your patience. It's possible that the file type is somehow incompatible, because when I right-click it there is no option to "Run Script"; it appears to be a basic word processing file with a different extension. The utility came bundled with a script to exe conversion widget but that, too, does not appear to recognise the file you sent me. Odd, huh? I will try the exe version now.

2. OK, I now have a an .exe file that I can force my PC to run. It gererates a .csv file with the following message:

Joyscript:
    Logging Game Controller 1 to "C:\Users....\joy1 2014-10-01 16-15-07 log.csv

Does this script know where to find my gamepad so that it will record only inputs on this device as opposed to other peripherals? I have several gaming devices.

Please let me know how to proceed withj logging all gamepad inputs with this EXE version of the file.

Thanks for your patience!

3. raffriff

raffriff Moderator Staff Member Site Contributor

It's OK! How does it feel to be an alpha tester? :cool:

I wasn't planning to support multiple controllers just yet, but OK, why not.
    New "release" - select controller, output folder and polling interval.

[​IMG]

Get the new EXE here
    Or get the script (source code) here. (I hope you get that script execution thing worked out)

EDIT - rename

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  4. raffriff

raffriff Moderator Staff Member Site Contributor

I couldn't find anything about screen widgets at the link, but I did stumble across this:
    https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/gamepad-display.12508/

And this screencast:
    http://www.screenr.com/HbjH

...which seems to show an XBOX 360 controller quite nicely. Yes, you would have to capture the browser window while capturing the game in another window - not an easy thing to do, but some people here should be able to help you do it.

5. This is amazing and works for me. I get the text file and am trying to figure out how one would use avisynth to overlay the data? Thank you so much for any help you can provide.

6. Thalmor Wizard

Thalmor Wizard Moderator Staff Member Site Contributor

@whitesnake Sorry, but @raffriff doesn't use the forums anymore and your question will go unanswered. Your question would probably be better asked on the AVISynth forums.