Suggestion (Forum Related)

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Feedback' started by Thalmor Wizard, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Thalmor Wizard

Thalmor Wizard is a Skyrim addict Staff Member Site Contributor

Can we have some more sections to post in, like General Discussions and Forum Suggestions ? Having just sections for discussing only Fraps gets kinda boring after a while and it would make people want to stay if they wanted to discuss other matters or make suggestions on how this forum could be improved.

2. ETAdmin

ETAdmin Administrator

There are so many general discussion forums out there on the internet I'm not sure there needs to be another one here. A site suggestions area sounds good though, so I've added one and moved this post to it.

3. raffriff

raffriff Moderator Staff Member Site Contributor

I think there are probably too many sub-forums. New members post in the wrong one 99% of the time. They can't seem to distinguish even between desktop and game recording. Here's a thought: let new members post in one area only, until s/he has been "promoted". Call this area something like "Fraps community technical support."

Here's a suggested sub-forum list (off top of head):
    • Fraps community technical support (catch-all category)
    • Knowledge Base (archived posts)
    • Video Channels
    • Site News, Suggestions and Feedback

4. ETAdmin

ETAdmin Administrator

I have been thinking of merging the desktop and game recording into a single forum, desktop recording is a pretty small group honestly. There are way too many tools out there aimed at recording the desktop as their focal point.

5. Thalmor Wizard

Thalmor Wizard is a Skyrim addict Staff Member Site Contributor

Yeah, I agree. Nobody really uses Fraps for recording their desktop, I don't for a start. There are more appropriate tools for that, like HyperCam 2, CamStudio, Camtasia and more.

6. raffriff

How can I see the posts I "liked?" I can see on my user menu:
    • Your News Feed
    • Your Alerts
    • Watched Threads
    • Likes You've Received
    • Your Content
    • People You Follow
    • People You Ignore
    Why not "Content you like," or "Most liked content?"
    I mean, I've been using "like" partly as a bookmark, and partly as a thank-you, but I can't use it for bookmarks as of now.

Also, a repost:
    When I think of "neat features to have" for this site, I always Google first to see if my idea is supported in Xenforo - and invariably, it's not. I'm just putting these suggestions out there anyway, knowing they are not doable currently.

7. ETAdmin

ETAdmin Administrator

Like history isn't currently an available feature. Not a bad thing to have, though.

As for the 3 character search limit, I want to give the site a much more improved search engine. I already know what we will be going to, and it should do nicely.

8. raffriff

9. ETAdmin

ETAdmin Administrator

As soon as the next major version of xenforo is released we'll probably be adding the enhanced search option it has.

10. The way i feel..is that this is a fraps forum. And anything related to fraps should really be allowed on this forum, nothing else. My opinion at least. :)