YouTube SuperSajuuk

Discussion in 'Video Channels' started by Thalmor Wizard, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Thalmor Wizard

Thalmor Wizard Moderator Staff Member Site Contributor

This is my main YouTube Channel where I do loads of game LP's and walkthroughs. Have currently reached 737 subs, 1.6 million upload views, and have 828 videos uploaded. Due to Google, I am unable to login to my account and upload.

I'm also a partner via a content network :)

http://youtube.com/user/SuperSajuuk

2. Rensje

Rensje Site Contributor Well-Known Member

I spy with my little eye..
    A blind playthrough of Skyrim! Awesome! :D

Thalmor Wizard likes this.
  3. Thalmor Wizard

It's kinda half blind XD
    I'm using a text walkthrough on gamefaqs.com to point me the direction I need to go :p

4. Rensje

Oh, naughty! It's not like it's a very hard game! If you just follow the main quest line the game itself will pretty much tell you where to go!

5. Thalmor Wizard

I've never played Skyrim before ;)

6. Rensje

Hey mate,

I have been watching your Skyrim vids and something I have noticed is how good the visual quality is. Usually, when I upload videos they end up in a big blurry mess, even though the original files were extremely crisp.

Would you mind sharing your Skyrim settings and explaining your workflow in detail? I would VERY much like to be able to upload Skyrim vids that look just as good as yours!

Cheers, and keep up the good work!

7. Thalmor Wizard

Hey.

I have no Anisotropic Filtering or Anti-Aliasing as it causes the clouds to go pixelated. My resolution ingame is 1920x1080 and I record at 30fps. Texture Quality, Radial Blur Quality, Shadow Details and Decal Quantity are all set to High.

When I've finished recording, I import the videos into Windows Live Movie Maker and render at the "For High Definition" setting which has a bit rate of 24MB. After it has been rendered, I then use the tool Handbrake which encodes this video in the MP4 container and then upload that :)

Does that help ?

8. Rensje

I can't use WLMM because it crashes all the time when I open raw Fraps footage with it, but that's fine. I can use VirtualDub instead. Would you mind sharing your exact Handbrake settings with me? Because that could very well be where I go wrong.

Otherwise, in-game settings seem to be the same, although I play at 2xAA and force 16xAF through Nvidia Control Panel rather than using the game's built-in AF functionality.

9. Thalmor Wizard

Well, there isn't really much to share for Handbrake as it's just an encoding tool like VD. Source should match the Width/Height values and if not, make sure to set Anamorphic to None.

10. Rensje

Alright..
    I made a quick test video and ran it through VirtualDub and Handbrake.
    Here's the result. You will have to watch it on YouTube itself to get it to play in 1080p fullscreen.

What do you think of the quality?

Sorry for hijacking your topic, by the way. It's just that I thought you could probably best answer my questions!

11. Thalmor Wizard

Don't worry about it :)

Quality is perfect in that video! :D

12. Rensje

Cheers, man. :) Now I know what settings to use if I decide to do a Skyrim LP proper.
    Thanks again for the help!

Thalmor Wizard likes this.
  13. Thalmor Wizard

No problem! :D

14. Thalmor Wizard

I'm doing a live stream tonight at 7pm GMT on my channel. I'm gonna be livestreaming a free steam game called Blacklight Retribution which I'm really liking! Hope some of you guys can tune in at that time!

15. subscribed,keep making videos man;)

16. Thalmor Wizard

17. RobiePAX

RobiePAX Site Contributor Well-Known Member

Shukaku I've noticed that you have 2 different username links "SuperSajuuk" and "LPSajuuk".

I'm curious how did you make 2nd YouTube url and linked it.

18. Thalmor Wizard

The second link (LPSajuuk) is called a vanity url, it is something that I requested to have as part of my partnership. :)

EDIT: There was a channel called LPSajuuk but it now apparently doesn't exist.